There is no visa required for tourists from most European countries, neither for Canadians or US-Americans. As a tourist, you are allowed to stay up to 90 days in the country. Leaving Argentina for one or more days (for example by doing a trip to a neighboring country) will give you the right to stay for another 90 days – since the day of your return to Argentina. This can be repeated as often as you want.

Alternatively, you can also visit the Migrations Office in Argentina to request the extension of your residence permission for another 90 days. You will be charged for about $ 600 ARS (75 USD/ 65 Euro) and you will have to put forward a reason for prolonging your stay. These requests are usually accepted but there is no law that establishes your right and automatically extends your residence permission. In comparison, your residence will automatically be extended when you leave and return to Argentina.

If you wish to request a special visa for your internship to the Argentine Embassy, feel free to contact us for further information.

As stated in the official entry requirements of the argentine immigration authorities it does not matter if you enter Argentina with a return ticket which date is scheduled for a later time than three months because that ticket does not indicate that you will stay only in Argentina the whole time. If you whish so, you can additionally check with your Airline if they have any further internal company rules to be taken into account.

There is an international law that states that no person can fly one-way to a country of which he/she does not have a permanent residence permit. Therefore even if an open-return-ticket is also valid, it is better to have a concrete date of return. For this reason we recommend you to buy a ticket that has a concrete date of return and then if you wish you can normally change the return date without paying extra fees.

2 Visa Tip Nueva-02